*** NOW LOCATED IN CALIFORNIA, USA***
'andys-arcade' started off on eBay in 1997 so check out what others think of the service i have provided over the years. This was also the year I started collecting video arcade games, and always had an interest to learn just how these things work. I still maintain a large personal collection and webpages dedicated to them. I am passionate about old games, making sure they don't get forgotten to the mists of time and where possible providing public access to playable examples of games from the dawn of time... This webstore is an outlet for the myriad of parts and spares i come across that are surplus to my collecting wants and needs.
I have travelled extensively around the world relating to video arcade games:
- Organising and shipping containers full of arcade machines across oceans
- Purchasing truck loads of games at live auctions
- Meeting other collectors socially and at conventions and shows in many countries.
- Providing arcade machines for film and TV productions
- Providing expert technical advice for institutions
- Providing appraisals for insurance
- Providing restored arcade machines plus creating novel interactive playing positions for public exhibitions
- Writing for publications
Exhibition work includes :
- Game On - at the Barbican Art Gallery in central London in 2002 and still touring internationally to this day
- 'Screen Worlds' also at ACMI in Melbourne from 2010 - part of their permanent exhibition space devoted to video game culture.
- Game Masters at The Australian Centre for the Moving Image (ACMI) in 2012 which is also still touring internationally.
I continue to provide technical consultancy services to museums and art galleries around the world which means i can be out of the country from time to time, but you will always see a note on the homepage if this is the case.
Being a collector myself, I treat my customers and goods in the same way that i would expect to be treated. I want to see games be enjoyed, used, shared and played in the manner for which they were originally designed.